Nicaragua - Masaya & Los Pueblos Blancos (PDF Chapter)
This is the Masaya & Los Pueblos Blancos chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
Nicaragua’s Central Valley offers a picturesque patchwork of la-goons, volcanic peaks and sleepy colonial villages. However, at the time of writing, political unrest in the country had turned Masaya, a popular destination known for its artisan market and aficiona-dos of traditional craftsmanship, into the center of political strife and violence.
- watch history in action as the local artists continue the centuries-old craft of ceramics produc-tion (with a contemporary twist) in San Juan de Oriente
- peer into the magnificent Laguna de Apoyo from the spectacular Catarina lookout
- drive to the gates of hell – up Volcán Masaya – and watch the bubbling lava in the Santiago crater
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Masaya, Parque Nacional Volcán Masaya, Nindirí, Los Pueblos Blancos, Catarina, San Juan de Oriente, Diriá & Diriomo, Niquinohomo, Masatepe, Carazo Towns, Diriamba, Jinotepe, Reserva Ecólogica La Maquina, La Boquita, Casares.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.