Nicaragua - Managua (PDF Chapter)
This is the Managua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
Aside from diving into the spirited whirl of sprawling markets, improbable electric trees, re-markable street art and impressive monuments, Managua also gives you easy access to nearby lagoons, the nature reserve of Chocoyero-El Brujo, plus a smattering of fun beaches like Pochom-il.
- take in views over the city while standing in Sandino’s shadow on a volcano’s rim in Parque Histórico Nacional Loma de Tiscapa
- explore the newly revamped waterfront, Paseo Salvador Allende, and eat, drink and dance with the locals at sunset
- marvel at the crumbling colonial grandeur of Plaza de la Revolución and enjoy the sight of promenading Managuans, particularly on weekends
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Managuaï, Masachapa & Pochomil, Reserva Natural Chocoyero-El Brujo, San Diego.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.