Nicaragua - Leon & Northwestern Nicaragua (PDF Chapter)
This is the León & Northwestern Nicaragua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
León has nourished some of Nicaragua’s most important political and artistic moments. Less polished but somehow more authentic than its age-old rival Granada, the city is beloved for its grand cathedral, breathtaking art museum, hopping nightlife and spirited revolutionary air.
- mix with the university crowd and take in some politically charged street art in vibrant Le-ón
- climb spectacular volcanic peaks in the Maribios Chain, then enjoy the thrill of sand-boarding down its slopes
- catch one of Nicaragua’s world-class waves at Playa Aserradores, then chill out in a surf camp
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: León & Around, San Jacinto, El Sauce, Chinandega & Around, Cosigüina Peninsula Beaches, Reserva Natural Volcán Cosigüina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.