*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Nicaragua - Leon & Northwestern Nicaragua (PDF Chapter)
This is the León & Northwestern Nicaragua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
The regional capital of León is beloved for its grand cathedral, breathtaking art museum, and spirited revolutionary air. Further afield, is the biggest mangrove forest in Central America and awe-inspiring Reserva Natural Volcán Cosigüina.
- climb Maribios chain, a spectacular volcanic peak, then enjoy the thrill of sandboarding down its slopes
- get away from it all in a beachside cabin at Playa Jiquilillo
- go for a peaceful swim at Reserva Natural Isla Juan Venado and watch nesting turtles in action
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: León, Pacific Beaches Near León, Volcanoes Near León, San Jacinto, El Sauce, La Paz Centro, Chinandega & around, Cosigüina Peninsula Beaches, Reserva Natural Volcán Cosigüina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.