Nicaragua - Granada (PDF Chapter)
This is the Granada chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
Granada drips with photogenic elegance. It’s no wonder travelers use the city as a base, spending a day bopping along cobblestone roads from church to church in the city center, then venturing into the countryside for trips to nearby attractions.
- catch a stunning sunset over the lake from the Iglesia La Merced bell tower
- take a dip in the gorgeous Laguna de Apoyo volcanic lake
- cruise the narrow waterways of Las Isletas, where luxury holiday mansions cast shadows on humble fishing shacks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Granada, Reserva Natural Volcán Mombacho, Reserva Natural Laguna de Apoyo, Parque Nacional Archipiélago Zapatera.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.