Nicaragua - Granada (PDF Chapter)
This is the Granada chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
Nicaragua’s oldest town is also its most beguiling and photogenic, and many travelers use it as a base. Just out of town, adventures take you to an evocative archipelago waterworld at Las Isletas and fun beaches at the Peninsula de Asese.
- check out gorgeous, centuries-old churches and feast on some of Nicaragua’s most innova-tive cuisine in Granada
- paddle your kayak at dawn among the fishermen and ample birdlife in Las Isletas de Grana-da, and relax on a private island
- hike below the imposing summit of Volcán Mombacho and taste locally produced coffee
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Granada, Volcán Mombacho, Reserva Nat-ural Laguna de Apoyo, Isla Zapatera, Isletas de Granada.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.