Nicaragua - Caribbean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Caribbean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guide-book.
Travel in the Nicaraguan Caribbean is challenging and exciting, and the rewards – including superb scuba diving, epic treks through dense rainforest, wildlife watching and fishing in the man-groves – are huge.
- dive, swim and sunbathe on wonderful, car-free Little Corn Island, a slice of the old Caribbe-an
- experience true Caribbean food and culture in laid-back Pearl Lagoon, surrounded by thick jungle and mangrove forests
- charter a speedboat to visit tiny snow-white Pearl Keys and snorkel with magnificent sea tur-tles in their cerulean waters
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bilwi (Puerto Cabezas) & Around, Miskito Keys, Waspám & the Río Coco, Managua–El Rama Road, El Rama, Bluefields, Pearl Lagoon & Around, Pearl Keys, Corn Islands, Las Minas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.