New Zealand's South Island Road Trips - Southern Alps Circuit Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Alps Circuit chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips guidebook.
See a stack of the South’s top sights on this trip along ceaselessly scenic alpine, Lakeland and rural highways, dotted with towns ranging from rustic Ross to racy Queenstown
- explore rugged mountains, braided rivers and great walks at Arthur’s Pass National Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- hike amongst breath-taking glaciers and New Zealand’s highest peaks at Fox Glacier
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- ski or snowboard your way down New Zealand’s finest ski fields on the South Island
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Christchurch, Arthur’s Pass National Park, Hokitika, Ross, Māori Greenstone Routes, Fox Glacier, Ship Creek, Makarora, Wanaka, Queenstown, Cromwell, Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, Mt Aspiring National Park, Lake Tekapo, Geraldine, Methven and Rakaia Gorge.