Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New Zealand's South Island Road Trips - Southern Alps Circuit Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Southern Alps Circuit chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips guidebook.
See a stack of the South’s top sights on this trip along ceaselessly scenic alpine, Lakeland and rural highways, dotted with towns ranging from rustic Ross to racy Queenstown
- explore rugged mountains, braided rivers and great walks at Arthur’s Pass National Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- hike amongst breath-taking glaciers and New Zealand’s highest peaks at Fox Glacier
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- ski or snowboard your way down New Zealand’s finest ski fields on the South Island
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Christchurch, Arthur’s Pass National Park, Hokitika, Ross, Māori Greenstone Routes, Fox Glacier, Ship Creek, Makarora, Wanaka, Queenstown, Cromwell, Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, Mt Aspiring National Park, Lake Tekapo, Geraldine, Methven and Rakaia Gorge.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.