*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand's South Island Road Trips - Kaikoura Coast Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kaikoura Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island Road Trips guidebook.
The inter-island ferry port of Picton and New Zealand’s southern capital, Christchurch, are linked by a scenic highway wending through pretty countryside and along the wild Pacific Coast.
- discover the fantastic food, wine and setting at the Pegasus Bay Winery
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- absorb the stunning mountain backdrop and encounter marine-mammals on Kaikoura Coast
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore the pretty waterside town Picton, a hub for Marlborough Sounds adventures
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Picton, Blenheim, Kaikoura, Gore Bay, Waipara Valley and Christchurch
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.