New Zealand's South Island - Queenstown & Wanaka (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queenstown & Wanaka chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island guidebook.
Few people come to Queenstown to wind down. The self-styled ‘adventure capital of the world’ is a place where visitors come to throw their inhibitions out the window…and throw them-selves out of planes and off mountain tops and bridges.
- take the literal leap into any number of once-in-a-lifetime activities in Queenstown, the ‘adventure capital of the world’
- scale a waterfall via ferrata before dining among Wanaka’s bevy of interesting eateries
- spend a day in a lower gear strolling the historic gold-rush town of Arrowtown, before dis-covering a couple of very chic bars
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Queenstown, Around Queenstown, Glenorchy, Ar-rowtown, Wanaka & Around, Cardrona, Lake Hawea, Makarora.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.