New Zealand's South Island - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to the South Island, The South Island’s Top 16, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Hiking on the South Island, Skiing & Snowboarding, Surfing, Cycling & Extreme Sports, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island guidebook.
Your journey to New Zealand’s South Island starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your ad-venture: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on heart-stopping extreme adventures.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about hiking the thousands of kilometres of trails
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to the South Island, The South Island’s Top 16, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like: Beaches, Skiing & Snowboarding, Tramping, Maori Culture, Beaches, Wine Regions, Extreme Activities, Museums & Galleries, Cities, Pubs, Bars & Beer, History, Off-The-Beaten Track Experiences, Foodie Experiences, Road Trips, Month by Month, Itineraries, Hiking on the South Island, Skiing & Snowboarding, Surfing, Cycling & Extreme Sports, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.