New Zealand's South Island - Dunedin & Otago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dunedin & Otago chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Is-land guidebook.
Otago has attractions both urban and rural, from quirky towns to world-class wineries and some of the country’s most accessible wildlife. Its historic heart is Dunedin, home to a vibrant student culture and arts scene.
- delve into Oamaru’s heritage past and a possible steampunk future
- peer at penguins, admire albatross and stare at seals on the Otago Peninsula
- explore New Zealand’s gold-mining heritage in quaint backcountry Ophir
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Waitaki District, Omarama, Waitaki Valley, Oamaru, Moeraki, Dunedin & Around, Port Chalmers, Otago Peninsula, Central Otago, Middlemarch, Ranfurly, Naseby, Lauder, Omakau & Ophir, Alexandra, Clyde, Cromwell.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.