New Zealand's North Island - Wellington Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wellington Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Is-land guidebook.
If your New Zealand travels thus far have been all about the great outdoors and sleepy rural towns, Wellington will make for a lively change of pace. Art-house cinemas, hip bars, live bands and endless cafes all await you in NZ’s cultural capital.
- drown in a sea of craft beer and top-notch coffee in Wellington, New Zealand’s most artsy, bohemian and political city
- hike through Kapiti Island’s native bush filled with some of the country’s rarest bird species and perhaps even chancing upon a real live kiwi on a nocturnal walk
- struggle to maintain a straight line on your bicycle as you tour Wairarapa Wine Country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Wellington, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Kapiti Coast, The Wairarapa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.