New Zealand's North Island - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to the North Island, The North Island’s Top 15, Need to Know What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Hiking on the North Island, Skiing, Cycling & Scary Stuff, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
Your journey to New Zealand’s North Island starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on where to get your heart-stopping, extreme sports fix.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about hiking some of the thousands of kilometres of tracks through the country
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to the North Island, The North Island’s Top 15, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like: Beaches, Cities, Extreme Activities, Festivals, Foodie Experiences, Galleries, History, Markets, Museums, Maori Culture, Pubs, Bars & Beer, Wine Regions, Month by Month, Itineraries, Hiking on the North Island, Skiing, Cycling & Scary Stuff, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Travel with Children, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.