New Zealand's North Island - Coromandel Peninsula & the Waikato (PDF Chapter)
This is the Coromandel Peninsula & the Waikato New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
Verdant rolling hills line New Zealand’s mighty Waikato River, and adrenaline junkies can surf at Raglan, or undertake extreme underground pursuits in the extraordinary Waitomo Caves.
- travel remote gravel roads under a crimson canopy of ancient pohutukawa trees in Far North Coromandel
- kayak around hidden islands, caves and bays in Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve
- penetrate the mystical depths of the dense bush in Karangahake Gorge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Waikato, Hamilton, Raglan & Around, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Matamata, Te Aroha, King Country, Kawhia, Otorohanga, Waitomo Caves & Around, Taranaki & Around, Te Kuiti, Pio Pio, Awakino & Mokau, Taumarunui, Owhango, Coromandel Peninsula, Miranda, Thames & Around, Coromandel Town & Around, Far North Coromandel, Whitianga & Around, Coroglen & Whenuakite, Hahei, Hot Water Beach, Tairua & Pauanui, Whangamata, Waihi & Waihi Beach, Paeroa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation