New Zealand's Best Trips - Rotorua & the Central North Island (PDF Chapter)
Centred on the massive expanse of Lake Taupo, these journeys course through some of the North Island’s most dramatic and powerful landscapes. Rotorua is also a hot spot of traditional Māori culture, with the city’s famed hangi feasts and concerts.
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- experience alpine vistas and active adventures
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- transition from world-renowned surf beaches to underground beauty and subterranean adventure
- discover even more with detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: New Plymouth, Paritutu, Oakura, Cape Egmont Lighthouse, Opunake, Hawera, Dawson Falls, Whangamomona, Taumarunui, Taupo, Wairakei, Turangi, Whakapapa Village, National Park Village, Ohakune, Waiouru, Auckland, Hamilton, Matamata, Rotorua, Redwoods Whakarewarewa Forest, Lake Tarawera, Hells Gate, Waimangu Volcanic Valley, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Aratiatia Rapids, Huka Falls, Waipunga Falls, Napier, Raglan, Ngarunui Beach, Te Awamutu, Otorohanga, Waitomo Caves and Whanganui.