New Zealand's Best Trips - Rotorua & the Central North Island (PDF Chapter)
Centred on the massive expanse of Lake Taupo, these journeys course through some of the North Island’s most dramatic and powerful landscapes. Rotorua is also a hot spot of traditional Māori culture, with the city’s famed hangi feasts and concerts.
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- experience alpine vistas and active adventures
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- transition from world-renowned surf beaches to underground beauty and subterranean adventure
- discover even more with detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: New Plymouth, Paritutu, Oakura, Cape Egmont Lighthouse, Opunake, Hawera, Dawson Falls, Whangamomona, Taumarunui, Taupo, Wairakei, Turangi, Whakapapa Village, National Park Village, Ohakune, Waiouru, Auckland, Hamilton, Matamata, Rotorua, Redwoods Whakarewarewa Forest, Lake Tarawera, Hells Gate, Waimangu Volcanic Valley, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, Aratiatia Rapids, Huka Falls, Waipunga Falls, Napier, Raglan, Ngarunui Beach, Te Awamutu, Otorohanga, Waitomo Caves and Whanganui.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.