New Zealand's Best Trips - Canterbury & the West Coast (PDF Chapter)
South Island highlights lie in all directions, from bay-lined Banks Peninsula to wineries, hot springs and tussocky high-country across the plains. NZ’s highest peak, Aoraki/Mt Cook, stands sentinel in the south.
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover a spectacle of epic wilderness, flinty history and big, blue ocean
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- encounter Kaikoura’s marine life and relax in Hanmer’s hot springs
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Westport, Charleston, Punakaiki, Greymouth, Hokitika, Lake Kaniere, Hokitika Gorge, Whataroa, Okarito, Franz Josef Glacier, Fox Glacier, Ship Creek, Haast, Christchurch, Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, Waipara Valley, Gore Bay, Kaikoura, Hanmer Springs, Amberley, Springfield, Castle Hill/Kura Tawhiti, Cave Stream, Arthur’s Pass National Park, Kumara, Maruia Springs, Marble Hill, Reefton, Blackball, Rakaia Gorge, Staveley Store, Mt Somers, Geraldine, Fairlie, Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki Lookout, Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park, Twizel, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Queenstown, Clay Cliffs Paritea, Omarama, Benmore Dam, Kurow, Elephant Rocks, Oamaru, Hokitika, Ross, Makaroa, Wanaka, Queenstown, Cromwell, Methven and Christchurch Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.