New Zealand - Wellington Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wellington Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guide-book.
If your New Zealand travels thus far have been all about the great outdoors and sleepy rural towns, Wellington will make for a lively change of pace. Art-house cinemas, hip bars, live bands and endless cafes all await you in NZ’s cultural capital.
- drown in a sea of craft beer and top-notch coffee in Wellington, New Zealand’s most artsy, bohemian and political city
- hike through Kapiti Island’s native bush filled with some of the country’s rarest bird species and perhaps even chancing upon a real live kiwi on a nocturnal walk
- struggle to maintain a straight line on your bicycle as you tour Wairarapa Wine Country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Wellington, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Kapiti Coast, The Wairarapa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.