New Zealand - Waikato & the Coromandel Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Waikato & the Coromandel Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Verdant rolling hills line New Zealand’s mighty Waikato River, and adrenaline junkies can surf at Raglan, or undertake extreme underground pursuits in the extraordinary Waitomo Caves.
- travel remote gravel roads under a crimson canopy of ancient pohutukawa trees in Far North Coromandel
- kayak around hidden islands, caves and bays in Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve
- penetrate the mystical depths of the dense bush in Karangahake Gorge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Waikato, Hamilton, Raglan & Around, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Matamata, Te Aroha, King Country, Kawhia, Otorohanga, Waitomo Caves & Around, Taranaki & Around, Te Kuiti, Pio Pio, Awakino & Mokau, Taumarunui, Owhango, Coromandel Peninsula, Miranda, Thames & Around, Coromandel Town & Around, Far North Coromandel, Whitianga & Around, Coroglen & Whenuakite, Hahei, Hot Water Beach, Tairua & Pauanui, Whangamata, Waihi & Waihi Beach, Paeroa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation