New Zealand - The West Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the The West Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
The far extremities of the coast have a remote, end-of-the-road feel, from sleepy Karamea and Kahurangi National Park, to the gateway to NZ’s World Heritage areas. In between is an alluring combination of wild coastline, rich wilderness, and history in spades.
- explore the limestone forms and forest of Oparara Basin
- get wet ’n’ wild on the mighty Buller River
- delve into the West Coast’s glittering past at Reefton
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Buller Region, Murchison & Buller Gorge, Reefton, Westport & Around, Karamea & Around, The Great Coast Road, Punakaiki & Paparoa National Park, Greymouth Region, Greymouth, Blackball, Lake Brunner, Kumara, Westland, Hokitika, Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Franz Josef Glacier, Fox Glacier, Haast Region, Haast and Haast Pass Highway.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.