New Zealand - Taupo & the Ruapehu Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taupo & the Ruapehu Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zea-land guidebook.
Welcome to the New Zealand you’ve been waiting for, a picturesque landscape characterised as much by volcanic mountains as it is by bodies of water and native forest. Thrill seekers are in for a treat – the area rivals Queenstown for outdoor escapades.
- see why Tongariro Alpine Crossing is considered the best one-day tramp in New Zea-land
- rediscover the volcanic ‘lost valley’ of Orakei Korako
- bungy jump with a view towards Waikato River at Taupo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lake Taupo Region, Taupo, Turangi, Ruapehu Re-gion, Tongariro National Park, Whakapapa Village, National Park Village, Ohakune, Waiouru.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.