Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New Zealand - Taupo & the Central Plateau (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Taupo & the Central Plateau chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
New Zealand’s geology takes centre stage in this diverse region. Much of the drama happens along the Taupo Volcanic Zone – a line of geothermal activity that stretches via Rotorua to Whakaari (White Island) in the Bay of Plenty.
- explore fascinating volcanic terrain while tackling the iconic Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- rediscover the volcanic ‘lost valley’ of Orakei Korako
- hurtle to earth strapped to a complete stranger above Taupo, the world’s skydiving capital
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lake Taupo Region, Taupo, Turangi & Around, Ruapehu Region, Tongariro National Park, Whakapapa Village, National Park Village, Ohakune, Waiouru and Taihape & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.