New Zealand - Taranaki & Whanganui (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taranaki & Whanganui chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Taranaki (aka ‘the ‘Naki’) is the Texas of New Zealand: oil and gas stream in from offshore rigs, plumping the region with enviable affluence. New Plymouth is the regional hub, home to excellent art galleries and dining hot spots.
- hike up or around the massive cone of Mt Taranaki
- flex your All Blacks spirit in Palmerston North at the New Zealand Rugby Museum
- ride big breaks along Surf Highway 45
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Plymouth & Around, Mt Taranaki & Around, Surf Highway 45, Whanganui, Whanganui National Park, Palmerston North & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.