*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand - Taranaki & Whanganui (PDF Chapter)
This is the Taranaki & Whanganui chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Taranaki (aka ‘the ‘Naki’) is the Texas of New Zealand: oil and gas stream in from offshore rigs, plumping the region with enviable affluence. New Plymouth is the regional hub, home to two excellent art galleries and a provincial museum.
- hike up or around the massive cone of Mt Taranaki
- get experimental at New Plymouth’s dazzling new art gallery, the len Lye Centre
- flex your All Blacks spirit in Palmerston North at the New Zealand Rugby Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Plymouth and around, Mt Taranaki (Egmont National Park) and around, Surf Highway 45, Whanganui, Whanganui National Park and Palmerston North and around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.