*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand's South Island - Dunedin & Otago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dunedin & Otago chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island guidebook.
Otago has attractions both urban and rural, ranging from quirky towns to world-class wineries and some of the country’s most accessible wildlife. Its historic heart is Dunedin, home to a vibrant student culture and arts scene.
- experience a heritage past and a possible steampunk future in Oamaru
- peer at penguins, admire albatross and stare at seals on Otago Peninsula
- explore New Zealand’s gold-mining heritage in Ophir, a quaint backcountry village
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Waitaki District, Omarama, Waitaki Valley, Oamaru, Moeraki, Dunedin & around, Port Chalmers, Otago Peninsula, Central Otago, Middlemarch, Ranfurly, Naseby, St Bathans, Lauder, Omakau & Ophir, Alexandra, Clyde, Cromwell.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.