*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand's South Island - Christchurch & Canterbury (PDF Chapter)
This is the Christchurch & Canterbury chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s South Island guidebook.
Nowhere in New Zealand is developing as fast as post-2016-earthquake Christchurch. Visiting the country’s second-largest city as it’s being reborn is both interesting and inspiring. Canterbury’s attractions include tramping along alpine valleys around Arthur’s Pass, and mountain biking Mackenzie Country.
- experience Christchurch’s dynamic rebuilding and re-emergence of the city post-earthquake
- meander through Christchurch Botanic Gardens, the city’s beautiful green heart
- marvel at the otherworldly views of Mackenzie Country and the surreal azure blue of Lake Tekapo from the top of Mt John
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Christchurch & around, Lyttelton, Banks Peninsula, North Canterbury, Lewis Pass, Hanmer Springs, Waipara Valley, Central Canterbury, Selwyn District, Arthur’s Pass, Methven, Mt Somers, South Canterbury, Peel Forest, Timaru, Geraldine, Fairlie, Lake Tekapo, Twizel, Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.