New Zealand - Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Captain Cook named the Bay of Plenty when he cruised past in 1769, and plentiful it re-mains. Blessed with sunshine and sand, the bay stretches from Waihi Beach in the west to Opotiki in the east.
- peer through the sulphurous steam at unique Rotorua, where geothermal activity, M?ori culture and world-class mountain biking come together
- step into the steaming crater of Whakaari (White Island), an active volcano 49km off the coast
- mt Maunganui Lazing at the beach, carving up the surf and hiking up the signature moun-tain, then relaxing in the thermal pools before hitting the lively little strip of restaurants and bars
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rotorua, Rotorua Lakes, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Papamoa, Katikati, Whakatane, Ohope, Opotiki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.