*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand - Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Captain Cook christened the Bay of Plenty when he cruised past in 1769, and plentiful it remains. Blessed with sunshine and sand, the bay stretches from Waihi Beach in the west to Opotiki in the east.
- watch geysers blow their tops at Te Puia or Whakarewarewa
- experience Rotorua, one of the world’s best destinations for mountain biking
- ogle kaleidoscopic colours and bubbling mud pools at the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rotorua and around, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Papamoa, Katikati, Maketu, Te Puke, Whakatane, Whakaari (White Island), Ohope and Opotiki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.