New Zealand - Queenstown & Wanaka (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queenstown & Wanaka chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Few people come to Queenstown to wind down. The self-styled ‘adventure capital of the world’ is a place where visitors come to throw their inhibitions out the window…and throw them-selves out of planes and off mountain tops and bridges.
- take the literal leap into any number of once-in-a-lifetime activities in Queenstown, the ‘adventure capital of the world’
- scale a waterfall via ferrata before dining among Wanaka’s bevy of interesting eateries
- spend a day in a lower gear strolling the historic gold-rush town of Arrowtown, before dis-covering a couple of very chic bars
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Queenstown, Around Queenstown, Glenorchy, Ar-rowtown, Wanaka & Around, Cardrona, Lake Hawea, Makarora.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation