*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand's North Island - Waikato & the Coromandel Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Waikato & the Coromandel Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
Verdant rolling hills line New Zealand’s mighty Waikato River, and adrenaline junkies can surf at Raglan, or undertake extreme underground pursuits in the extraordinary Waitomo Caves. The peninsula’s east coast has some of the North Island’s best white-sand beaches.
- travel remote gravel roads in Far North Coromandel under a crimson canopy of ancient pohutukawa trees
- kayak around hidden islands, caves and bays of Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve
- penetrate the mystical depths of the dense bush in Karangahake Gorge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Waikato, Rangiriri, Hamilton, Raglan & around, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Matamata, Te Aroha, The King Country, Kawhia, Otorohanga, Waitomo Caves, Waitomo, Taranaki, Te Kuiti, Pio Pio, Awakino & Mokau, Taumarunui, Owhango, Coromandel Peninsula, Miranda, Thames, Coromandel Town, Far North Coromandel, Whitianga, Coroglen & Whenuakite, Hahei, Hot Water Beach, Tairua & Pauanui, Puketui Valley, Opoutere, Whangamata, Waihi & Waihi Beach, Karangahake Gorge, Paeroa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.