Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New Zealand's North Island - Understand New Zealand's North Island and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history, New Zealand’s stunning environment and its deeply rooted Maori culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the resurgence of New Zealand’s arts and music scenes
- info on the rapid evolution of history including Polynesian settlers, Captain Cook and modern-day settlement
- full coverage of the beauty of the nation’s landscapes – Hobbiton and beyond
- details on the country’s deep ties to its Maori heritage
Coverage includes: New Zealand Today, History, Environment, Māori Culture, Arts & Music, Directory A–Z, Transport.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.