*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand's North Island - The East Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the The East Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
There’s a full spectrum of NZ life here, from the earthy settlements on the East Cape to Havelock North’s moneyed streets. You’ll also find plenty of wine here: the Hawke’s Bay region is striped with vine-rows.
- time-warp back to the 1930s in Napier, surrounded by art deco, in this mighty charming town
- sniff and sip your way around the local wineries in Hawke’s Bay Wine Region
- find more fab NZ wine around Gisborne
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Cape, Pacific Coast Hwy, Gisborne & around, Te Urewera National Park, Hawke’s Bay, Wairoa & around, Napier, Hastings & around, Cape Kidnappers, Central Hawke’s Bay, Kaweka & Ruahine Ranges.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.