New Zealand's North Island - The East Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the The East Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
There’s a full spectrum of NZ life here, from the earthy settlements on the East Cape to Havelock North’s moneyed streets. You’ll also find plenty of wine here: the Hawke’s Bay region is striped with vine-rows.
- time-warp back to the 1930s in Napier, surrounded by art deco, in this mighty charming town
- sniff and sip your way around the local wineries in Hawke’s Bay Wine Region
- find more fab NZ wine around Gisborne
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Cape, Pacific Coast Hwy, Gisborne & around, Te Urewera National Park, Hawke’s Bay, Wairoa & around, Napier, Hastings & around, Cape Kidnappers, Central Hawke’s Bay, Kaweka & Ruahine Ranges.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.