Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New Zealand's North Island - Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
Blessed with sunshine and sand, the Bay of Plenty stretches from western Waihi Beach to eastern Opotiki, with Tauranga and Mt Maunganui in between. In Rotorua life goes on among steaming hot springs, explosive geysers and bubbling mud pools.
- watch geysers blow their tops at Te Puia or Whakarewarewa
- experience cycling in Rotorua, one of the world’s best destinations for mountain biking
- ogle kaleidoscopic colours and bubbling mud pools at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rotorua & around, Bay of Plenty, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Papamoa, Katikati, Maketu, Te Puke, Whakatane, Whakaari (White Island), Ohope, Opotiki.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.