No code necessary. See terms.
New Zealand's North Island - Bay of Islands & Northland (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Bay of Islands & Northland chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand’s North Island guidebook.
Beaches are the main drawcard and they’re here in profusion. The west coast shelters the most spectacular remnants of the ancient kauri forests; the remaining giant trees are an awe-inspiring sight and one of the nation’s treasures.
- splash about Matauri Bay, body surfing, sunbathing and strolling
- watch oceans collide at Cape Reinga while souls depart
- pay homage to the ancient kauri giants of Waipoua Forest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Whangarei District, Mangawhai, Waipu & Bream Bay, Whangarei, Whangarei Heads, Tutukaka Coast & the Poor Knights Islands, Coastal Route to Russell, Bay of Islands, Russell, Paihia & Waitangi, Urupukapuka Island, Kerikeri, The Far North, Matauri & Tauranga Bays, Whangaroa Harbour, Doubtless Bay, Karikari Peninsula, Cape Reinga & Ninety Mile Beach, Kaitaia, Ahipara, Hokianga, Motuti, Kohukohu, Horeke & around, Rawene, Opononi & Omapere, Waiotemarama & Waimamaku, Kauri Coast, Waipoua Forest, Trounson Kauri Park, Kai Iwi Lakes, Baylys Beach, Dargaville, Poutu Point, Matakohe.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.