New Zealand - Marlborough & Nelson (PDF Chapter)
This is the Marlborough & Nelson chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
For many travellers, Marlborough and Nelson will be their introduction to what South Is-landers refer to as the ‘Mainland’. Having left windy Wellington, and made a white-knuckled crossing of Cook Strait, folk are often surprised to find the sun shining and the temperature 10°C warmer.
- get up close to wildlife, including whale, seals, dolphins and albatrosses at Kaikoura
- nose your way through the wineries of Marlborough
- tramp or bike along the Queen Charlotte Track in the Marlborough Sounds
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Marlborough Region, Picton, Marlborough Sounds, Queen Charlotte Track, Kenepuru & Pelorus Sounds, Blenheim, Kaikoura, Nelson Region, Nel-son, Ruby Coast & Moutere Hills, Motueka, Kaiteriteri, Marahau, Abel Tasman National Park, Golden Bay, Kahurangi National Park, Nelson Lakes National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.