No code necessary. See terms.
New Zealand - Fiordland & Southland (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Fiordland & Southland chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Welcome to scenery that travellers dream of and cameras fail to do justice to. To the west is Fiordland National Park; to the east, the peaceful Catlins; and the end of the line – Stewart Island/Rakiura, home to friendly seafarers and a flock of beautiful rare birds.
- be overwhelmed by your first glimpse of the sheer majesty of Mitre Peak rising from the inky waters of Milford Sound
- tramp through the World Heritage wilderness of the Milford Track
- soak up sunset and sunrise in glorious surrounds on an overnight cruise through Doubtful Sound
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fiordland, Te Anau and around, Milford Sound, Manapouri, Doubtful Sound, Central Southland, Tuatapere, Te Waewae & Colac Bays, Riverton, Invercargill, Bluff, The Catlins, Curio Bay & Around, Waikawa & Around, Papatowai & Around, Owaka & Around, Kaka Point & Around and Stewart Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Understand Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)