*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand - Fiordland & Southland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Fiordland & Southland chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Welcome to scenery that travellers dream of and cameras fail to do justice to. To the west is Fiordland National Park; to the east, the peaceful Catlins; and the end of the line – Stewart Island/Rakiura, home to friendly seafarers and a flock of beautiful rare birds.
- be overwhelmed by your first glimpse of the sheer majesty of Mitre Peak rising from the inky waters of Milford Sound
- tramp through the World Heritage wilderness of the Milford Track
- soak up sunset and sunrise in glorious surrounds on an overnight cruise through Doubtful Sound
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fiordland, Te Anau and around, Milford Sound, Manapouri, Doubtful Sound, Central Southland, Tuatapere, Te Waewae & Colac Bays, Riverton, Invercargill, Bluff, The Catlins, Curio Bay & Around, Waikawa & Around, Papatowai & Around, Owaka & Around, Kaka Point & Around and Stewart Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.