New Zealand - Dunedin & Otago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dunedin & Otago chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guide-book.
Otago has attractions both urban and rural, from quirky towns to world-class wineries and some of the country’s most accessible wildlife. Its historic heart is Dunedin, home to a vibrant student culture and arts scene.
- delve into Oamaru’s heritage past and a possible steampunk future
- peer at penguins, admire albatross and stare at seals on the Otago Peninsula
- explore New Zealand’s gold-mining heritage in quaint backcountry Ophir
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Waitaki District, Omarama, Waitaki Valley, Oamaru, Moeraki, Dunedin & Around, Port Chalmers, Otago Peninsula, Central Otago, Middlemarch, Ranfurly, Naseby, Lauder, Omakau & Ophir, Alexandra, Clyde, Cromwell.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.