*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Zealand - Christchurch & Canterbury (PDF Chapter)
This is the Christchurch & Canterbury chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
Nowhere in New Zealand is changing and developing as fast as post-2016-earthquake Christchurch. Visiting the country’s second-largest city as it’s being rebuilt and reborn is both interesting and inspiring.
- experience the dynamic rebuilding and re-emergence of Christchurch post-earthquake
- meander through the city’s beautiful green heart in the botanic gardens
- marvel at the otherworldly views of Mackenzie Country and the surreal azure blue of Lake Tekapo from the top of Mt John
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Christchurch and around, Lyttelton, Banks Peninsula, North Canterbury, Lewis Pass, Hanmer Springs, Waipara Valley, Central Canterbury, Selwyn District, Arthur’s Pass, Methven, Mt Somers, South Canterbury, Peel Forest, Timaru, Geraldine, Fairlie, Lake Tekapo, Twizel and Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.