New Zealand - Bay of Islands & Northland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bay of Islands & Northland chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guidebook.
For many New Zealanders, the phrase ‘up north’ conjures up sepia-toned images of family fun in the sun, pohutukawa in bloom and dolphins frolicking. From school playgrounds to work cafeterias, owning a bach ‘up north’ is a passport to popularity.
- splash about, body surfing, sunbathing and strolling in Matauri Bay
- Watch oceans collide while souls depart at Cape Reinga
- pay homage to the ancient kauri giants of the Waipoua Forest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Whangarei District, Mangawhai, Waipu & Bream Bay, Whangarei, Whangarei Heads, Tutukaka Coast & the Poor Knights Islands, Bay of Islands, Russell, Paihia & Waitangi, Urupukapuka Island, Kerikeri, The Far North, Matauri & Tauranga Bays, Whangaroa Harbour, Doubtless Bay, Karikari Peninsula, Cape Reinga & Ninety Mile Beach, Kaitaia, Ahipara, Hokianga, Motuti, Kohukohu, Horeke & Around, Rawene, Opononi & Omapere, Waiotemarama & Waimamaku, Kauri Coast, Waipoua Forest, Trounson Kauri Park, Kai Iwi Lakes, Baylys Beach, Dargaville, Poutu Point and Matakohe.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.