New Zealand - Auckland Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Auckland Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Zealand guide-book.
Paris may be the city of love, but Auckland is the city of many lovers, according to its Maori name, Tamaki Makaurau. Those lovers so desired this place that they fought over it for centuries.
- get out on the water and visiting the island sanctuaries dotting the beautiful expanse of the Hauraki Gulf
- explore Auckland’s fascinating volcanic mountains, lakes and islands
- tread the mystical and treacherous black sands of Karekare and Piha
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Auckland, History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Hauraki Gulf Islands, West Auckland, North Auckland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.