New York & the Mid-Atlantic - Washington, DC (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington, DC chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic guidebook.
It’s hard not to fall for the nation’s capital. Iconic monuments, vast (and free) museums, oodles of history, and restaurants serving global cuisines are just the beginning of the great DC experi-ence.
- check out legendary flying machines in the National Air and Space Museum
- watch the sun set over the Lincoln Memorial
- national Museum of African American History & Culture Learning about the African American experience in the US
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Neighborhoods at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.