New York & the Mid-Atlantic - Understand New York & the Mid-Atlantic and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the New York & the Mid-Atlantic Today, History, People & Culture, Arts & Architecture, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Plan-et’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and culture, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the hot issues of the day
- info on the arts and architecture of the culture-packed region
- full coverage of the region’s history, from Native Americans to independence, Civil War and the Civil Rights movement
- mountains, rivers, forests, and sandy coast – details on mid-Atlantic’s landscapes and wild-life
Coverage includes: New York & the Mid-Atlantic Today, History, People & Culture, Arts & Architecture, Landscapes & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation