New York & the Mid-Atlantic - Philadelphia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Philadelphia chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic guidebook.
Blessed with the glamour and culture of a big city, Philly also delights visitors with its rich histo-ry and small-town charm. It’s a beautiful place that’s easy and rewarding to explore, its streets dot-ted with gracious squares and linked by cobbled alleys.
- immerse yourself in the history of the work of the Founding Fathers and the creation of the US at Independence National Historical Park
- peruse Philadelphia Museum of Art’s expansive art collection, behind the famous Rocky steps
- take a gastronomic trip around the globe at beloved Reading Terminal Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation