New York & the Mid-Atlantic - Pennsylvania (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Pennsylvania chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic guidebook.
A horse and buggy trundles through the Lancaster fog before it is overtaken by a Philadelph-ia-bound sports car driven by a young tech entrepreneur. This is Pennsylvania, which contains some of the eastern seaboard’s most striking landscapes, culture clashes and contradictions.
- explore Pittsburgh, a steel jungle filled with wonderful architecture, fantastic nightlife and great food
- tour Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece of organic design, Fallingwater, in the lovely Laurel Highlands
- marvel at the twisted wreckage of a train bridge struck by an F1 tornado from Kinzua Bridge Skywalk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Lancaster, Pennsylvania Wilds, Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Laurel Highlands, Central Pennsylvania, State College, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Brandywine Valley, Upstate & the Poconos.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.