New York & the Mid-Atlantic - New Jersey (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Jersey chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic guidebook.
Over 130 miles of shoreline means one thing: seafood! Refuel after touring Revolutionary War sites and hiking the Pine Barrens with fresh chowder, oysters, mussels, and scallops.
- explore nearly 600 acres of woodland within spitting distance of the Princeton campus at In-stitute Woods
- kick back with a glass of white or red at Willow Creek Winery, Cape May’s latest entry in the winery sweepstakes
- knock back liters of beer German-style and nosh on a few wursts at Asbury Festhalle and Biergarten in up-and-coming Asbury Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern New Jersey, Hoboken, Newark, Princeton, Lambertville, Pine Barrens, Jersey Shore, Sandy Hook, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Barnegat Peninsula, Long Beach Island, Atlantic City, Wildwood, Cape May
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation