New York & the Mid-Atlantic - Delaware (PDF Chapter)
This is the Delaware chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic guidebook.
Tiny Delaware, the nation’s second-smallest state, is overshadowed by its neighbors – and of-ten overlooked by visitors to the region. But long, white sandy beaches, cute colonial villages, a cozy countryside and small-town charm characterize the state that happily calls itself the ‘Small Wonder’.
- dig into Du Pont family history on grand estates, and live large in vast scenic Brandywine Valley linking Delaware and Pennsylvania
- scan for birds, cycle the trails and take in the coastal views in Cape Henlopen State Park
- admire the fantastic collection in Wilmington’s Delaware Art Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Delaware Coast, Wilmington, Brandywine Valley, New Castle, Dover.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.