New York & Mid-Atlantic's Best Trips - New York Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New York Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips guidebook.
New York is most famous for its eponymous city, but beyond Manhattan are deep, sweeping mountain ravines, rocky crags, swiftly moving rivers, and quaint villages evolving into weekend arts-and-crafts retreats. Upstate New York offers lush forests, crystal-clear lakes and storm-dark hills.
- explore vistas that have inspired artists and Gilded Age tycoons alike in the Hudson Valley
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover wide ocean beaches, vineyards and the luxurious Hamptons on Long Island
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- see small rural towns in the tranquil Catskills, a bucolic region of undulating, forest-covered mountains
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Central Park, The Cloisters, Tarrytown, Bear Mountain & Harriman State Parks, West Point, Storm King Art Center, Beacon, Hyde Park, the Berkshires, Rhinebeck, Hudson, Port Washington, Oyster Bay, North Fork, Shelter Island, East Hampton, Fire Island, Montauk, Southampton, Coney Island, South Fork Vineyards, Mohonk Mountain House, Phoenicia, Arkville, Roxbury, Cooperstown, Tannersville, Woodstock, Ithaca, Buttermilk Falls & Robert H Treman State Parks, Western Shore, Cayuga Lake, Seneca Falls, Aurora, Route 54, Keuka Lake, Branchport, Keuka Lake, Corning, Ticonderoga, Crown Point State Historic Site, Ausable Chasm, Vermont, Lake Placid, White Pine Camp, Tupper Lake, Blue Mountain Lake, Great Camp Sagamore, Niagra Falls, Fort Niagara State Park, Lockport, Buffalo, Graycliff Estate, East Aurora, Letchworth State Park, Oswego, Mexico Bay, Sackets Harbor, Clayton, Wellesley Island State Park, Alexandria Bay.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.