New York & Mid-Atlantic's Best Trips - New Jersey & Pennsylvania Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Jersey & Pennsylvania Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York & the Mid-Atlantic’s Best Trips guidebook.
These two states offer tremendous diversity and under-the-radar destinations. Where else could you visit an Amish family’s farm, read the Declaration of Independence and ride a boardwalk roller coaster in a single day?
- boardwalks and beaches galore line the Atlantic for classic summertime fun on the Jersey Shore
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the Delaware’s path on rural byways to quaint towns and state parks
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- back roads snake their way past farmers markets through Amish countryside in Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Spring Lake, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, Toms River, Long Beach Island, Ocean City, Cape May, Wildwoods, Princeton, Washington Crossing State Park, New Hope, Lambertville, Easton, Bethlehem, Doylestown, Hawk Mountain, Philadelphia, Callicoon, Narrowsbury, Milford, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Bethel, High Point State Park, Valley Forge, Kennett Square, Chadds Ford, Wharton State Forest, Atlantic City, Lancaster, Gettysburg, Pinnacle Overlook, Strasburg, Bird-in-Hand, Intercourse, Ephrata, Hershey, Lititz, Ligonier, Fallingwater, Ohiopyle State Park, Kentuck Knob, Pittsburgh, Presque Isle State Park, Titusville, Bradford, Kinzua Bridge State Park, Cherry Springs State Park, Galeton, PA Grand Canyon, Mansfield.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.